Eco conscious weddings are IN!
Keep your wedding in one location for both ceremony and reception
- Keeping your ceremony and reception in the same place.
- Smaller weddings allow a much more personal touch and the spend per guest can be higher plus it’s perfect for introverts!
- Grooms- are much more involved in all decisions than in the past, good personal grooming, great outfits and accessories are an important part of the day.
– sourcing ethical, local and organic food. More informal ways of eating -grazing tables, sharing boards, vegan options, dedicated food stations, simple cream teas and Champagne cocktails save money. Choose European or British wines. Use paper or bamboo straws. Have linen napkins instead of paper.
- Heirloom rings- have an old ring or piece of jewellery redesigned (even help with the design) Remember diamond set wedding bands increase the “sparkle”.
- Stationery made from recycled paper there is a great variety of card stocks now available. Printing on the reverse reduces waste. RSVP postcards. Make your own.
- Floristry: use more local grown and seasonal blooms, wildflowers. Living plants are another option for adding greenery to your theme, trees & plants in pretty containers, give little pots of succulents instead of favours. Floral Clouds suspended from the ceiling are SO romantic instead of table flowers. Statement installations, loose unsculpted shapes and bolder richer colours are IN.
think works of art covered in edible flowers, dripped icing and Gin or Pimms flavouring.
- Favours- charitable donations instead, bee flower seed bombs for guests to use in their own or families gardens are a great idea! Don’t choose anything plastic.
- Keep Hen & Stag do’s local and only for a weekend, never longer, save your bride & groom tribe money.
- Decoration- Mix your lighting in height and levels, have pendants, lampshades and chandeliers. Buy some rich material for your tablecloths and turn it into curtains, throws and cushions afterwards. Indoor furniture moved outside, coffee tables, cushions and blankets.
- Confetti- petals not paper or foil. Ribbon wands to wave, bubbles paper airplanes and surprise arches are IN.
- Animals- having your dog who is a members of your family as part of your big day (use a dog creche) but little ponies and Alpacas are also in vogue.
Plan YOUR Perfect Wedding Day!